Tuesday 27 September 2011


Hey there and welcome back to my blog. I have a real love of chinese food but the take away version just leaves me feeling awful so I decided to add a couple of chinese cook books to my collection. I love the books written by Ching-He Huang, the recipes in her books are full of lovely fresh ingrediants and flavours. Here is a recipe from Ching's Chinese Food In Minutes Book. I Have varied the recipe to suit my family but it is still as delicious as the version in the book. The only difference is that I did not deep fry the chicken.

Sweet Chilli Chicken

Serves 3-4

1 packet of four chicken breasts
3 Tablespoons of cornflour
2 Egg Whites
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper.

For The Sauce
3 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
2.5cm/1inch of fresh ginger peeled and sliced
1 Medium red chilli, seeds in for heat or out if you want it slightly milder
6 Tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce
Juice of 1 Lime
1 Tablespoon of light soy sauce
1 small handful of freshly chopped coriander

Method

1) Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and season with salt and pepper
2) Mix together the egg white with the cornflower to form a paste and add to the chopped chicken.
3) Add the Olive Oil to the wok and add the chicken pieces and cook through.
4) Combine the ingrediants for the sauce in a bowl and mix together.
5) Add the sauce ingrediants to the chicken and continue to cook under a low heat.
6) Let the sauce thicken slightly.
7) Serve with some steamed basmati rice.

So in the words of Ching "Chi hao he baozhong" (Eat well and take care)

No comments:

Post a Comment